In this 3 week workshop students will craft, refine, practice, and finally, present a pitch deck for a new or existing idea, business, or concept they wish to develop. Our panel of industry professionals will select one presentation to win a prize pack of services from CPA Firm Withum Smith+Brown and Cowerks valued at $2500 in professional services and a FREE 1 month full time membership at Cowerks valued at $300.
This workshop will meet one time per week in the evenings for approximately 3 hours per session. Sessions will break down as follows:
Week 1: Craft
October 12, 2017 6:30PM-9:30PM
- Students will introduce themselves, speak briefly about their idea, and explain what they hope to get out of this workshop
- Students will learn the basics of what makes a pitch deck compelling to investors and potential stakeholders.
- Instructor will do a presentation about the key components for a 10 minute pitch deck. Students will go through, slide by slide, an example 10 minute pitch deck. They will also discuss how and when to shorten (or lengthen) their deck.
- Students will work on a rough version for the first 4 slides of their own pitch deck
- Students will present the first few minutes of their rough pitch deck and receive constructive feedback from the instructor, mentors, and peers
- Students will leave with a homework assignment of finishing a first draft of their pitch deck to present on week 2
Week 2: Refinement
October 19, 2017 6:30PM-9:30PM
- This session will start with a quick check in with students to see how they handled the homework assignment and answer any questions
- Students will break into 2 groups, present a dry run of their presentation, and receive feedback on their 10 minute pitch deck.
- Instructor, mentors, and peers will provide constructive feedback for each student and work with them on refining their messaging.
- Finally, the instructor will review some successful pitch decks and touch upon the key strengths of each.
- Students will leave with a homework assignment of refining and revising their pitch deck for the final presentation on week 3
Week 3: The Final Pitch
October 26, 2017 6PM-9:30PM
- The instructor will check in with students and see how they handled their homework and answer any final questions
- Students will present for 10 minutes to a panel of industry professionals and stakeholders
- The panel will provide 5 minutes of constructive feedback to each presenter
- The panel will score each presented using a standard rubric
- After completion of the pitches, panel will decide a winner and a winner will be selected
Winner will receive the following:
- “Emerging Growth Acceleration Package” from WithumSmith+Brown which includes $2500 worth of professional time which will cover consulting around software selection, tips and traps for being a startup, equity consulting and exit planning.
- 1 Month Full time Membership at Cowerks valued at $300
- All students will leave with a completed pitch deck ready to pitch to prospective investors
- Students should come ready with a new or existing idea, business, or concept they wish to develop.
- Students are required to bring a personal computer or tablet.
- Personal computer or tablet must have access to Powerpoint, Keynote, Prezi, or some other presentation software.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com